8.04.2006

Friday's Quotables

"I am very humbled to be in the presence of so many world-class wieners" - The Mexican Chorizo [the new contestant in the Milwaukee Brewers sausage race.]

"I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn to humbly obey.

I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.

I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for,
But everything that I hoped for.

Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed." - Unknown Confederate Soldier

"What are all of them?" - Congressman Wesmoreland when asked on the Colbert Report to name the 10 Commandments. He co-sponsored a bill requiring the display of the 10 Commandments in the House and the Senate. Watch the *hilarious* interview here. He got three.

"I enjoy cocaine because it is a fun thing to do." - Congressman Wexler on the Colbert Report. See the interview here.

No comments: